10:17 PM

Still Trying to figure it out!

Sheesh. I am still trying to get my color profile stuff all figured out! I talked to my teacher that I had for Electronic Darkroom (he is the photoshop guy) and he gave me a few different things to try. I may try them tonight, or I may do them tomorrow. I haven't decided yet. All this trying to get my pictures straight is killin me! I have so many pics to give to people and I feel so bad because I can't get em edited right! Cross your fingers that I will get this issue figured out soon! (Sorry to be complaining about this a lot lately, it is just really getting to me!)

Last night in my Blow Slot I made a bunch of ornaments (well 9, but that is a bunch for me just learning how to do the one I did last night). I really like them. They are very pretty, but they are kind of heavy. I have been talking to Ed (my glassblowing teacher) a lot lately about his hot shop and how much money it takes to keep one up and running. He estimated with electricity and gas it is about $50 a day to keep it running. So that is about $1,500 a month to keep a hot shop running. If you consider what other small businesses pay to keep their stuff going, that is pretty good. We are NO WHERE NEAR able to have our own hot shop, but Nathan and I have been talking about it a lot lately. He is going to apply for financial aid next year once we file our taxes to see if he can get approved because he is going to take glassblowing next fall! I am so excited for him!

After I finish my classes in the Spring I will only have 3 More Classes to take until I graduate with an associates in Photography! Whoopeee!!! I will be graduating next fall! That is just so exciting to me! It has gone by so fast but not at the same time. (Wait, have I said all this already??? ............. Oh well, I'm saying it again. LOL) I am going to pursue glassblowing and learn as much as I can. I will probably do Independent Studies a few times so I can perfect certain things. If we could own a hot shop in a few years and blow glass together and pay some bills from doing that, that would just be fantastic.

Yes, yes, yes I am still loving photography. But right now I am just so frustrated with this color profile crap, it is driving me nuts. I am getting better at photography, but I don't feel like I am getting better fast enough. I don't know, I am just a little frustrated with it. I am never happy with pictures I do. I am so uncreative when it comes to pictures I guess. I am trying all I can to learn but I am just not as creative as a lot of people in my studio class. I guess that is why it is getting to me as well. I just need a break from school I think.

I guess I will finish up my rambling. I could just go on and on forever! lol

TTFN

1 comments:

Anonymous said... @ 9:19 AM

I have complete confidence that you'll figure it out, girl! Glassblowing does sound like fun, but don't give up on the photography. You have that talent for a reason - use it! Beside, I think there is probably more call for photographers than glass blowers... See you tomorrow!